What causes early adult-onset myopia?

All types of myopia, regardless of the age they start, cause blurry vision for things far away. The size and shape of your eye changes how light is refracted or reflected on the back of your eye. Changes in the size or shape of your eye generally occur during development prior to birth or in growth periods. Myopia tends to run in families.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How common is low myopia in the general population?
Low myopia is a common type of refractive error that affects children and adults. The rate of incide...
Is late adult onset myopia serious?
Late adult onset myopia should be taken seriously because of potential problems. An inability to see...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
What is late adult onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Late adult onset means that the nearsightedness star...