What do I need to know about caring for someone with youth onset myopia?

If someone you are caring for has youth onset myopia, it is important to make sure they wear their glasses or contact lenses. These devices will help them to see things that are far away more clearly. If the person starts to experience blurry vision, headaches or other signs of problems seeing, it may be time to visit the eye doctor for another eye exam. If the person is in school, youth onset myopia may affect their academic skills as it may be difficult for them to see the front of the classroom or to read without holding books right in their face.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Are there different types of myopia?
Yes, there are different types of myopia. Myopia is a broad term or diagnosis used to cover vision p...
What is early adult-onset myopia?
Myopiais the medical term for nearsightedness.Early adult-onsetmeans that the nearsightedness starte...
What is myopia?
If you're able to see objects up close better than those that are far away, you may be nearsighted, ...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...