What do I need to know about caring for someone with youth onset myopia?

If someone you are caring for has youth onset myopia, it is important to make sure they wear their glasses or contact lenses. These devices will help them to see things that are far away more clearly. If the person starts to experience blurry vision, headaches or other signs of problems seeing, it may be time to visit the eye doctor for another eye exam. If the person is in school, youth onset myopia may affect their academic skills as it may be difficult for them to see the front of the classroom or to read without holding books right in their face.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
Is late adult onset myopia serious?
Late adult onset myopia should be taken seriously because of potential problems. An inability to see...
What is the rate of incidence of early adult-onset myopia?
Myopia, or nearsightedness, is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the United States. Ear...