Can youth onset myopia be prevented?

No, youth onset myopia cannot be prevented. Research has not identified a way to prevent the development of myopia. Nothing has been found to prevent changes to the shape or size of your eye, or how light refracts inside your eye. You should take steps to protect your eyes, but there is nothing that can be done to stop myopia from developing.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is the rate of incidence of myopia?
Myopia is a common vision impairment. It is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the Unite...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
What is the rate of incidence of youth onset myopia?
The rate of occurrence of myopia in general (not just youth onset) has been increasing. In the past ...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...