Can medications be used to treat high myopia?

High myopia is not treated with medications. Some eye conditions, like glaucoma and cataract associated with high myopia are treated with medications and eye drops. Eye drops are also used during and after LASIK surgery.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is youth onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Youth onset means that the nearsightedness started d...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
What is the rate of incidence of myopia?
Myopia is a common vision impairment. It is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the Unite...
What type of doctor should I see to address youth onset myopia?
There are three types of professionals who provide eye care: ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opt...