Can medications be used to treat high myopia?

High myopia is not treated with medications. Some eye conditions, like glaucoma and cataract associated with high myopia are treated with medications and eye drops. Eye drops are also used during and after LASIK surgery.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
What is low myopia?
Low myopia is a mild form of nearsightedness. Myopia can be referred to in degrees of severity: low,...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
Is early adult-onset myopia serious?
Early adult-onset myopia is mildly serious and should be treated. An inability to see things clearly...