Can a high degree of myopia be cured?

High myopia is a degenerative eye disorder that cannot be cured, at this time. Symptoms are managed with prescription eye glass and contacts and eye surgery to minimize ocular pressure and correct retinal and macular openings and tears as they develop.Retinal tears, glaucoma, and cataracts that develop as ocular health worsens require regular treatments to help prevent retinal detachment and blindness.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...
How common is low myopia in the general population?
Low myopia is a common type of refractive error that affects children and adults. The rate of incide...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
Is late adult onset myopia serious?
Late adult onset myopia should be taken seriously because of potential problems. An inability to see...