Can a high degree of myopia be cured?

High myopia is a degenerative eye disorder that cannot be cured, at this time. Symptoms are managed with prescription eye glass and contacts and eye surgery to minimize ocular pressure and correct retinal and macular openings and tears as they develop.Retinal tears, glaucoma, and cataracts that develop as ocular health worsens require regular treatments to help prevent retinal detachment and blindness.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is low myopia?
Low myopia is a mild form of nearsightedness. Myopia can be referred to in degrees of severity: low,...
Are there different types of myopia?
Yes, there are different types of myopia. Myopia is a broad term or diagnosis used to cover vision p...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...