Are there alternative treatments for youth onset myopia?

No, there are no alternative treatments for youth onset myopia. Other than glasses, contact lenses, or surgery, there are no other options. Outside of these treatments, there is little that can be done to change the shape or size of your eye, or change how the light refracts inside your eye.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
Is late adult onset myopia serious?
Late adult onset myopia should be taken seriously because of potential problems. An inability to see...
What is early adult-onset myopia?
Myopiais the medical term for nearsightedness.Early adult-onsetmeans that the nearsightedness starte...
What is curvature myopia?
Curvature myopia is a form of nearsightedness. People that are nearsighted can see objects that are ...