Are there alternative treatments for low myopia?

An alternative approach to treating low myopia symptoms uses a series of corrective contact lens to treat myopia related to abnormal curvature of the cornea. Over several weeks and months, the corrective lenses flatten the cornea, which reduces the refraction error. Orthokeratology is not recommended to treat symptoms of low myopia in children.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...
What is early adult-onset myopia?
Myopiais the medical term for nearsightedness.Early adult-onsetmeans that the nearsightedness starte...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
What is myopia?
If you're able to see objects up close better than those that are far away, you may be nearsighted, ...