Is early adult-onset myopia related to astigmatism?

Astigmatism is similar to myopia. It is another vision impairment that affects your ability to see things at a distance clearly. It is different from myopia in that astigmatism is related to the curve of your cornea or lens. This affects how light is reflected, causing blurry vision for distance. You can have astigmatism in addition to myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is curvature myopia?
Curvature myopia is a form of nearsightedness. People that are nearsighted can see objects that are ...
What is the rate of incidence of early adult-onset myopia?
Myopia, or nearsightedness, is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the United States. Ear...
What type of doctor should I see to address youth onset myopia?
There are three types of professionals who provide eye care: ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opt...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...