Is early adult-onset myopia related to astigmatism?

Astigmatism is similar to myopia. It is another vision impairment that affects your ability to see things at a distance clearly. It is different from myopia in that astigmatism is related to the curve of your cornea or lens. This affects how light is reflected, causing blurry vision for distance. You can have astigmatism in addition to myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is late adult onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Late adult onset means that the nearsightedness star...
Are there different types of myopia?
Yes, there are different types of myopia. Myopia is a broad term or diagnosis used to cover vision p...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...
Is early adult-onset myopia serious?
Early adult-onset myopia is mildly serious and should be treated. An inability to see things clearly...