How is early adult-onset myopia diagnosed/found?

An eye exam conducted by an eye doctor will be able to diagnose early adult-onset myopia. The doctor will shine a light into your eyes to see how and where the light is reflected. This will aid them in determining a diagnosis of myopia. In addition, your doctor may ask about symptoms you are experiencing such as difficulty seeing far away, headaches, and eye blinking.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What causes blurry vision while driving at night?
Lee R. Duffner, MDLee R. Duffner, MD
Blurred vision when driving at night indicates that you have probably developed some myopia (nea...
What is late adult onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Late adult onset means that the nearsightedness star...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my high myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your high myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare...