How is early adult-onset myopia diagnosed/found?

An eye exam conducted by an eye doctor will be able to diagnose early adult-onset myopia. The doctor will shine a light into your eyes to see how and where the light is reflected. This will aid them in determining a diagnosis of myopia. In addition, your doctor may ask about symptoms you are experiencing such as difficulty seeing far away, headaches, and eye blinking.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is the rate of incidence of myopia?
Myopia is a common vision impairment. It is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the Unite...
What causes blurry vision while driving at night?
Lee R. Duffner, MDLee R. Duffner, MD
Blurred vision when driving at night indicates that you have probably developed some myopia (nea...
How common is low myopia in the general population?
Low myopia is a common type of refractive error that affects children and adults. The rate of incide...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...