How does early adult-onset myopia affect the body?

Early adult-onset myopia is caused by the size and shape of your eye. These factors change how light is reflected onto the back of your eye. This makes images that are far away blurry. Specifically, the eye lens and cornea do not refract correctly on to the retina; instead they focus light in front of the retina.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Are there different types of myopia?
Yes, there are different types of myopia. Myopia is a broad term or diagnosis used to cover vision p...
What is low myopia?
Low myopia is a mild form of nearsightedness. Myopia can be referred to in degrees of severity: low,...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
Is early adult-onset myopia serious?
Early adult-onset myopia is mildly serious and should be treated. An inability to see things clearly...