Can music treat illness?

Music has been found to be an effective therapy for several conditions. It lowers levels of loneliness and anxiety in the elderly, eases depression, reduces stress in pregnant women, decreases the heart rate and blood pressure in cardiac patients, and strengthens the immune systems of patients after surgeries.

Continue Learning about Music Therapy

Your Soundtrack To Better Health
Your Soundtrack To Better Health
Around the time Alan Menken won an Oscar for the sound track to Beauty and The Beast (1991), you and millions of others found yourselves repeatedly hu...
How can music benefit my health?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Studies show that listening to classical music, in addition to providing personal enjoyment, helps h...
Is music good for me?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Studies have shown that music stimulates the same area of the brain as food and sex. In this video, ...
What Are Therapies for Parkinson's Disease?