Should I talk to a doctor about my child's rhabdomyosarcoma symptoms?

If you notice that your child has any symptoms of rhabdomyosarcoma, you should talk to your doctor. Usually, the most noticeable symptom is a growing lump anywhere on the body, especially arms, legs, face, and the abdomen area. In some cases, you might notice that your child has a headache or has bloody urine and difficulty urinating or having bowel movements. These symptoms may be caused by another condition, but if they worry you, it is important to talk to your child's doctor.

Continue Learning about Musculoskeletal Cancers

What are the symptoms of osteosarcoma?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
The most common symptom of osteosarcoma is bone pain. There might be swelling over the bone, too. Ma...
What is a chordoma?
Joshua B. Bederson, MDJoshua B. Bederson, MD
Chordoma is an uncommon, slow-growing tumor that is thought to arise from cellular remnants of t...
How is a chordoma diagnosed?
Diagnosis of a chordoma is made with the following: MRI and/or CT of the brainNeurological examina...
What are the different types of bone marrow cancers?
Gary J. Schiller, MDGary J. Schiller, MD
There are many distinct malignancies that originate in the cells of the bone marrow, that could be c...