Should I talk to a doctor about my distal muscular dystrophy symptoms?

If you or your child are experiencing symptoms that could be caused by distal muscular dystrophy, you should talk to your doctor. These symptoms may include weakness in the lower legs, feet, and forearms, or difficulty walking or gripping things. It's especially important to talk to a doctor if you're experiencing symptoms and have a family history of distal muscular dystrophy. Doctors can help diagnose the problem and recommend the best treatment for your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Muscular Dystrophy

Is muscular dystrophy life-threatening?
Depending on the type of muscular dystrophy, the disease can be life-threatening. Most of the time, ...
What is the prognosis of muscular dystrophy (MD)?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
The prognosis varies according to the type of muscular dystrophy (MD) and the speed of progression. ...
How many people are affected with muscular dystrophy (MD)?
Muscular dystrophy (MD) occurs worldwide, affecting all races. Its incidence varies, as some forms a...
How quickly does muscular dystrophy progress?
The symptoms of all types of muscular dystrophy progress and worsen over time, but the progression d...