Should I talk to a doctor about my distal muscular dystrophy symptoms?

If you or your child are experiencing symptoms that could be caused by distal muscular dystrophy, you should talk to your doctor. These symptoms may include weakness in the lower legs, feet, and forearms, or difficulty walking or gripping things. It's especially important to talk to a doctor if you're experiencing symptoms and have a family history of distal muscular dystrophy. Doctors can help diagnose the problem and recommend the best treatment for your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Muscular Dystrophy

How many people are affected with muscular dystrophy (MD)?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
Muscular dystrophy (MD) occurs worldwide, affecting all races. Its incidence varies, as some forms a...
What is the link between fasciculation and muscular dystrophy?
Muscular dystrophy (MD) is a group of nervous system disorders that inevitably cause muscle weakness...
Are there other muscular dystrophy (MD)-like conditions?
Darshan N. Shah, MDDarshan N. Shah, MD
Muscular dystrophy causes progressive weakness of the muscles resulting in difficulty walking, lifti...
What is the prognosis of muscular dystrophy (MD)?
The prognosis varies according to the type of muscular dystrophy (MD) and the speed of progression. ...