How do I manage my muscular dystrophy on a daily basis?

Muscular dystrophy can have a major impact on your life, but there are ways you can manage the disease from day to day. It's important to follow doctors' advice regarding treatment such as medication or assistive devices. Physical therapy, exercise, and massage may also help relieve some of the muscle spasms or weakness. Regardless of the treatment options you pursue, the disease can still be debilitating and can affect all aspects of your life.  Your emotional and mental health may also be affected, so it is important to find ways to cope with these challenges such as joining a support group.

Continue Learning about Muscular Dystrophy

How many people are affected with muscular dystrophy (MD)?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
Muscular dystrophy (MD) occurs worldwide, affecting all races. Its incidence varies, as some forms a...
What is muscular dystrophy (MD)?
Muscular dystrophy (MD) refers to a group of more than 30 genetic diseases that cause progressive we...
How quickly does muscular dystrophy progress?
The symptoms of all types of muscular dystrophy progress and worsen over time, but the progression d...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with muscular dystrophy?
When caring for someone with muscular dystrophy, it's important to remember that the disease impacts...