How do I manage my muscular dystrophy on a daily basis?

Muscular dystrophy can have a major impact on your life, but there are ways you can manage the disease from day to day. It's important to follow doctors' advice regarding treatment such as medication or assistive devices. Physical therapy, exercise, and massage may also help relieve some of the muscle spasms or weakness. Regardless of the treatment options you pursue, the disease can still be debilitating and can affect all aspects of your life.  Your emotional and mental health may also be affected, so it is important to find ways to cope with these challenges such as joining a support group.

Continue Learning about Muscular Dystrophy

What is the link between fasciculation and muscular dystrophy?
Muscular dystrophy (MD) is a group of nervous system disorders that inevitably cause muscle weakness...
How does muscular dystrophy (MD) affect muscles?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
Muscles are made up of thousands of muscle fibers. Each fiber is actually a number of individual cel...
How quickly does muscular dystrophy progress?
The symptoms of all types of muscular dystrophy progress and worsen over time, but the progression d...
How many people are affected with muscular dystrophy (MD)?
Muscular dystrophy (MD) occurs worldwide, affecting all races. Its incidence varies, as some forms a...