How do I manage my Duchenne muscular dystrophy on a daily basis?

Duchenne muscular dystrophy can have a significant impact on your life, but there are ways you can manage the disease from day to day. It's important to follow doctors' advice regarding treatment such as medication, assistive devices, and surgery. This includes regular check-ups and cardiac evaluations with your doctors at least once a year. Physical therapy, exercise, and massage may also help relieve some of the muscle weakness and may improve your range of motion. However, the disease can still affect all aspects of your life, including your emotional and mental health. It's important to find ways to cope with these challenges, so joining a support group or seeking counseling may be helpful.

Continue Learning about Muscular Dystrophy

Are there other muscular dystrophy (MD)-like conditions?
These diseases may produce symptoms that are very similar to those found in some forms of muscular d...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with muscular dystrophy?
When caring for someone with muscular dystrophy, it's important to remember that the disease impacts...
What are the different types of muscular dystrophy (MD)?
There are a number of different types of muscular dystrophy, each with different symptoms, causes, p...
How many people are affected with muscular dystrophy (MD)?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
Muscular dystrophy (MD) occurs worldwide, affecting all races. Its incidence varies, as some forms a...