Should I see a doctor about my oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy symptoms?

If you are experiencing symptoms that could be caused by oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy, you should talk to your doctor. These symptoms may include drooping eyelids or difficulty swallowing that causes you to choke on food or drinks frequently. It's especially important to talk to a doctor if you're experiencing symptoms and have a family history of oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy. Doctors can help diagnose the problem and recommend the best treatment for your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Muscular Dystrophy

What do I need to know about caring for someone with muscular dystrophy?
When caring for someone with muscular dystrophy, it's important to remember that the disease impacts...
Are there other muscular dystrophy (MD)-like conditions?
These diseases may produce symptoms that are very similar to those found in some forms of muscular d...
What is the prognosis of muscular dystrophy (MD)?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
The prognosis varies according to the type of muscular dystrophy (MD) and the speed of progression. ...
What are the different types of muscular dystrophy (MD)?
There are a number of different types of muscular dystrophy, each with different symptoms, causes, p...