Should I see a doctor about my oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy symptoms?

If you are experiencing symptoms that could be caused by oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy, you should talk to your doctor. These symptoms may include drooping eyelids or difficulty swallowing that causes you to choke on food or drinks frequently. It's especially important to talk to a doctor if you're experiencing symptoms and have a family history of oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy. Doctors can help diagnose the problem and recommend the best treatment for your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Muscular Dystrophy

What is the link between fasciculation and muscular dystrophy?
Muscular dystrophy (MD) is a group of nervous system disorders that inevitably cause muscle weakness...
How does muscular dystrophy (MD) affect muscles?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
Muscles are made up of thousands of muscle fibers. Each fiber is actually a number of individual cel...
How quickly does muscular dystrophy progress?
The symptoms of all types of muscular dystrophy progress and worsen over time, but the progression d...
What is muscular dystrophy (MD)?
Muscular dystrophy (MD) refers to a group of more than 30 genetic diseases that cause progressive we...