Should I talk to my doctor about congenital muscular dystrophy symptoms?

If your child is experiencing symptoms that could be caused by congenital muscular dystrophy, you should talk to your doctor. These symptoms may include missing certain developmental milestones like rolling over, crawling, sitting up, and walking. It's especially important to talk to a doctor if you notice symptoms in your child and have a family history of congenital muscular dystrophy. An early diagnosis can lead to treatment that may help reduce your child's symptoms.

Continue Learning about Muscular Dystrophy

How quickly does muscular dystrophy progress?
The symptoms of all types of muscular dystrophy progress and worsen over time, but the progression d...
How many people are affected with muscular dystrophy (MD)?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
Muscular dystrophy (MD) occurs worldwide, affecting all races. Its incidence varies, as some forms a...
How does muscular dystrophy (MD) affect muscles?
Muscles are made up of thousands of muscle fibers. Each fiber is actually a number of individual cel...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with muscular dystrophy?
When caring for someone with muscular dystrophy, it's important to remember that the disease impacts...