Why is certolizumab pegol prescribed?

The medication certolizumab is prescribed to treat psoriatic arthritis, moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis and Crohn's disease. In the case of Crohn's disease, certolizumab is usually given if other treatments have not been effective. Certolizumab is sold under the brand name Cimzia.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What should I know before taking cyclobenzaprine?
If you have congestive heart failure, abnormal heart rhythms, heart block, or heart conduction disor...
Can Botox affect my emotional reactions?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Scientists believe that facial expressions may influence our emotions, meaning that those whose face...
What is Botox used for?
While Botox is famous for smoothing out frown lines and crow's feet, its power to temporarily paraly...
How is cyclobenzaprine used to treat fibromyalgia?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxant. It can reduce fibromyalgia pain and fatigue and improv...