Why has my doctor prescribed generic tizanidine and not the brand?

Tizanidine is the generic version of a brand-name drug called Zanaflex. It's mainly used to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), a nerve disease. Sometimes a doctor will prescribe a generic form of a drug because it's less expensive than the brand name.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What should I know about baclofen before taking it?
If you take baclofen, you should avoid alcohol. If you have impaired kidney function, baclofen may ...
Could I be allergic to denosumab?
Some people are allergic to denosumab, a medicine used to treat thinning and weakening bones (known ...
How is cyclobenzaprine used to treat fibromyalgia?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxant. It can reduce fibromyalgia pain and fatigue and improv...
What should I know about leflunomide before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests, check your liver function and blood pressure, and give you ...