When can I stop taking Flexeril?

You can probably stop taking Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) after a couple of weeks -- in fact, doctors generally don't prescribe it for more than three weeks. Flexeril relieves the pain of muscle spasms, which typically heal themselves fairly quickly.

Don't stop taking Flexeril (or any muscle relaxant) abruptly, because doing so may cause withdrawal symptoms, such as headaches, nausea and weakness. It is better to taper off the drug, under your doctor's supervision.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

How long does it take to get pain relief from hyaluronic acid injections?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
I never guarantee my patients that they're going to see any effect from hyaluronic acid (HA) injecti...
How effective is leflunomide?
Studies show that leflunomide is effective for treating RA, both by itself and combined with methotr...
What should I know about leflunomide before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests, check your liver function and blood pressure, and give you ...
Does teriflunomide have any side effects?
Teriflunomide stays active in a person's body for several days after it is taken and can stay in the...