What should I know about Soma Compound before taking it?

Before taking Soma Compound (carisoprodol and aspirin), you should know that it might cause you to feel dizzy or tired, so it is important that you you use caution when engaging in an activity that requires alertness and coordination. Drinking alcohol will magnify the dizziness or tiredness you experience.

Soma Compound could cause stomach irritation and lead to bleeding. Smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol can increase the likelihood of bleeding in the stomach. Avoid this drug if you have any serious stomach issues due to use of aspirin, if you have asthma caused by aspirin, if you have a blood clotting disorder or if you are taking ketorolac, sodium oxybate, dabigatran or if you have recently been vaccinated.

Take this drug cautiously if you have asthma, liver or kidney issues, intestinal problems or bleeding, diabetes, enlarged prostate, urinating difficulties, any viral illness, any nasal growths, heart problems, Kawasaki syndrome, any bleeding in your brain, a history of stroke or seizures, porphyria or a vitamin K deficiency. This medication is not approved for children or teenagers under 16 years of age, however any child who is prescribed this medication should not take Soma Compound if they have the flu or chicken pox without first talking to their doctor.

If you take Soma Compound on a regular basis, especially when you take a high dose for a long period of time, you may develop a dependency on the medication. You should not stop taking Soma Compound without first talking to your doctor. You could experience symptoms of withdrawal, including sleeping difficulties, nausea and head pain.

Soma Compound is not recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. It should be used with caution in the first and second trimesters and should not be used in the third trimester. Use of Soma Compound in the third trimester can harm the development of the baby and cause labor and delivery complications.

Certain medications may also affect how your body processes Soma Compound, so be sure to discuss your diet and current medication with your doctor before taking it.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

How effective is leflunomide?
Studies show that leflunomide is effective for treating RA, both by itself and combined with methotr...
How effective is leflunomide at treating psoriatic arthritis?
There has been very little research on using leflunomide to treat psoriatic arthritis. Small studies...
Could I be allergic to denosumab?
Some people are allergic to denosumab, a medicine used to treat thinning and weakening bones (known ...
How long does it take to get pain relief from hyaluronic acid injections?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
I never guarantee my patients that they're going to see any effect from hyaluronic acid (HA) injecti...