What is tiludronate?

Tiludronate is used to treat Paget's disease of the bone. It is in a group of drugs called bisphosphonates. Tiludronate changes the way bone forms and breaks down in the body. It slows bone loss and increases bone mass and may prevent bone fractures. Tiludronate is the generic drug for the ingredient in Skelid, which is an FDA-approved medicine. Tiludronate is available as a tablet and is usually taken for a three month period. This course of treatment may be repeated if needed.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

How do hyaluronic acid injections help treat arthritis?
Dr. Geraldine M. Navarro, MDDr. Geraldine M. Navarro, MD
Side effects of hyaluronic acid injections for arthritis include: increased risk of pain infecti...
What should I know about baclofen before taking it?
If you take baclofen, you should avoid alcohol. If you have impaired kidney function, baclofen may ...
How is cyclobenzaprine used to treat fibromyalgia?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxant. It can reduce fibromyalgia pain and fatigue and improv...
Should I worry about allergies with Botox?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
According to Allergan pharmaceuticals, serious and immediate allergic reactions have been reported. ...