What is Skelaxin (metaxalone)?

Skelaxin, the prescription drug metaxalone, is a muscle relaxant used to treat the pain and discomfort of muscle injury. It is generally used in combination with rest and physical therapy. It works on the central nervous system to relax muscle spasms associated with muscle injury.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

Should I worry about allergies with Botox?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
According to Allergan pharmaceuticals, serious and immediate allergic reactions have been reported. ...
How long does it take to get pain relief from hyaluronic acid injections?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
I never guarantee my patients that they're going to see any effect from hyaluronic acid (HA) injecti...
Can Botox affect my emotional reactions?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Scientists believe that facial expressions may influence our emotions, meaning that those whose face...
Is Synvisc a good alternative to joint replacement?
Keith Roach, MDKeith Roach, MD
Synvisc is not generally an alternative to joint replacement in people with very advanced knee osteo...