What is Skelaxin (metaxalone)?

Skelaxin, the prescription drug metaxalone, is a muscle relaxant used to treat the pain and discomfort of muscle injury. It is generally used in combination with rest and physical therapy. It works on the central nervous system to relax muscle spasms associated with muscle injury.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What should I know about baclofen before taking it?
If you take baclofen, you should avoid alcohol. If you have impaired kidney function, baclofen may ...
Could I be allergic to denosumab?
Some people are allergic to denosumab, a medicine used to treat thinning and weakening bones (known ...
How long does it take to get pain relief from hyaluronic acid injections?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
I never guarantee my patients that they're going to see any effect from hyaluronic acid (HA) injecti...
Does teriflunomide have any side effects?
Teriflunomide stays active in a person's body for several days after it is taken and can stay in the...