What is quinine?

Quinine, a prescription medication, is used in the treatment of malaria. Oftentimes, it is usually used in conjunction with other medications for treatment. Quinine should only be used as directed by your doctor. When used improperly, it's possible for this drug to cause serious adverse side effects, or possibly even death. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) banned the sale of any quinine brands that are not approved. Since 2006, Qualaquin is the only brand of quinine approved for sale by the FDA.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What should I know before taking teriflunomide?
Your doctor will need to do liver function tests and check your blood pressure before you start trea...
Should I worry about allergies with Botox?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
According to Allergan pharmaceuticals, serious and immediate allergic reactions have been reported. ...
What are the side effects of baclofen?
Side effects may include drowsiness, dizziness, general weakness, and fatigue. Baclofen can make it ...
How does leflunomide interact with other medications and foods?
People taking leflunomide should avoid receiving live vaccines. If you are taking an immunosuppress...