What is methocarbamol?

Methocarbamol is a muscle relaxer. It is used to relax muscles and treat pain caused by muscle injuries like sprains and strains. It does not affect the muscles directly, but rather works by blocking pain signals from the nerves to the brain. It is usually combined with physical therapy, rest and other healing measures. The medication comes in the form of a tablet that is taken orally. Methocarbamol is the generic name for the drug sold under the brand name Robaxin.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What should I know about leflunomide before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests, check your liver function and blood pressure, and give you ...
What are the side effects of leflunomide?
Side effects may include high blood pressure, dizziness, hair loss, respiratory tract infections, br...
How is cyclobenzaprine used to treat fibromyalgia?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxant. It can reduce fibromyalgia pain and fatigue and improv...
Can Botox affect my emotional reactions?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Scientists believe that facial expressions may influence our emotions, meaning that those whose face...