What is methocarbamol?

Methocarbamol is a muscle relaxer. It is used to relax muscles and treat pain caused by muscle injuries like sprains and strains. It does not affect the muscles directly, but rather works by blocking pain signals from the nerves to the brain. It is usually combined with physical therapy, rest and other healing measures. The medication comes in the form of a tablet that is taken orally. Methocarbamol is the generic name for the drug sold under the brand name Robaxin.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What is cyclobenzaprine?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxer. It is FDA-approved to treat muscle spasms and pain caus...
How is cyclobenzaprine used to treat fibromyalgia?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxant. It can reduce fibromyalgia pain and fatigue and improv...
How does leflunomide interact with other medications and foods?
People taking leflunomide should avoid receiving live vaccines. If you are taking an immunosuppress...
How long does it take to get pain relief from hyaluronic acid injections?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
I never guarantee my patients that they're going to see any effect from hyaluronic acid (HA) injecti...