What is febuxostat?

Febuxostat, the name for the active ingredient in the prescription drug Uloric, treats gout, a painful joint condition caused by uric acid crystals in joints. Febuxostat decreases the amount of uric acid in the body by inhibiting the enzyme xanthine oxidase. Febuxostat is in a class of drugs known as xanthine oxidase inhibitors.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What should I know about baclofen before taking it?
If you take baclofen, you should avoid alcohol. If you have impaired kidney function, baclofen may ...
Is Synvisc a good alternative to joint replacement?
Keith Roach, MDKeith Roach, MD
Synvisc is not generally an alternative to joint replacement in people with very advanced knee osteo...
What is baclofen?
Baclofen (Lioresal) may help some people with acid reflux that does not improve with other drug trea...
What should I know before taking teriflunomide?
Your doctor will need to do liver function tests and check your blood pressure before you start trea...