What is cisatracurium?

Cisatracurium besylate is used to accompany general anesthesia to relax the skeletal muscles. This helps to keep breathing tubes inserted in the throat in place while a person is undergoing surgery or in an intensive care unit. It is known as a nondepolarizing neuromuscular blocking agent. It binds to certain brain chemicals that affect the muscles, causing them to relax. cisatracurium is a prescription drug that can be found under the brand name Nimbex and is only administered in a hospital setting by medical professionals.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

How effective is leflunomide at treating psoriatic arthritis?
There has been very little research on using leflunomide to treat psoriatic arthritis. Small studies...
Could I be allergic to denosumab?
Some people are allergic to denosumab, a medicine used to treat thinning and weakening bones (known ...
What should I know about leflunomide before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests, check your liver function and blood pressure, and give you ...
What should I know before taking teriflunomide?
Your doctor will need to do liver function tests and check your blood pressure before you start trea...