What is baclofen injection?

Baclofen injection is used to treat muscle spasms in people with neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis or spinal cord injuries. Baclofen injection works to relax muscles and reduce the number and severity of muscle spasms. It is marketed as the prescription drug Lioresal. It is typically given in a doctor's office or hospital as an injection into the spinal canal. It also may be administered in the form of a pump.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

How do hyaluronic acid injections help treat arthritis?
Dr. Geraldine M. Navarro, MDDr. Geraldine M. Navarro, MD
Side effects of hyaluronic acid injections for arthritis include: increased risk of pain infecti...
How long does it take to get pain relief from hyaluronic acid injections?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
I never guarantee my patients that they're going to see any effect from hyaluronic acid (HA) injecti...
What should I know before taking cyclobenzaprine?
If you have congestive heart failure, abnormal heart rhythms, heart block, or heart conduction disor...
What should I know about leflunomide before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests, check your liver function and blood pressure, and give you ...