What is auranofin?

Auranofin is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis (RA), particularly when other medicines have failed to work. It is part of a group of medications known as antirheumatic agents. It is a gold compound, and the way in which it provides relief to painful, tender and stiff joints is not fully understood. It is prescribed under the brand name Ridaura, usually as part of an overall treatment plan that includes rest and other non-drug therapies.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What are the side effects of baclofen?
Side effects may include drowsiness, dizziness, general weakness, and fatigue. Baclofen can make it ...
Could I be allergic to denosumab?
Some people are allergic to denosumab, a medicine used to treat thinning and weakening bones (known ...
Can Botox affect my emotional reactions?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Scientists believe that facial expressions may influence our emotions, meaning that those whose face...
How effective is teriflunomide?
Teriflunomide reduces relapses by about 30% in people with remitting-relapsing MS. It is about as ef...