What is Anectine?

Anectine is the brand name of a drug called succinylcholine chloride, which is a prescription muscle relaxant used in a hospital while a person is under general anesthesia during surgery, is on a ventilator, or needs to have a tube inserted into their trachea or windpipe. Anectine keeps your muscles from contracting and paralyzes your facial muscles and the muscles you use to move and breathe. It is administered by a health professional intravenously, which means it is slowly injected through a thin tube attached to a needle that is inserted into your vein.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

Should I worry about allergies with Botox?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
According to Allergan pharmaceuticals, serious and immediate allergic reactions have been reported. ...
Is Synvisc a good alternative to joint replacement?
Keith Roach, MDKeith Roach, MD
Synvisc is not generally an alternative to joint replacement in people with very advanced knee osteo...
How effective is leflunomide at treating psoriatic arthritis?
There has been very little research on using leflunomide to treat psoriatic arthritis. Small studies...
Can Botox affect my emotional reactions?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Scientists believe that facial expressions may influence our emotions, meaning that those whose face...