What is a typical dosage of Allopurinol?

A typical dose of allopurinol depends on the type of condition the medication is prescribed to treat. For example, adults suffering from gout will typically start with a low 100 mg. dosage, which is slowly increased over a week to not more than 800 mg. per daily. Treatment of kidney stones is between 100 mg. and 800 mg. daily. To increase the success of certain medical procedures, your doctor may prescribe 600 to 800 mg. daily starting three days prior to the procedure. The dosage for children prior to medical procedures is typically 100 to 300 mg. daily. These doses are averages. Your doctor will determine the proper dose for you based on your condition and medical history.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What should I know before taking cyclobenzaprine?
If you have congestive heart failure, abnormal heart rhythms, heart block, or heart conduction disor...
What should I know about baclofen before taking it?
If you take baclofen, you should avoid alcohol. If you have impaired kidney function, baclofen may ...
Does teriflunomide interact with any other medications?
If you are taking denosumab, teriflunomide may not be a good option for you. If you are taking fing...
Does teriflunomide have any side effects?
Teriflunomide stays active in a person's body for several days after it is taken and can stay in the...