What are the side effects of baclofen injection?

Baclofen injection may cause side effects such as:

• muscle weakness, constipation, diarrhea, nausea, dizziness and drowsiness, fatigue, 
  • headache, increased breathing and salivation, itching, and frequent urination.

Severe side effects of baclofen injection include:

• seizures, agitation, chills, loss of muscle tone, and lack of urination.

An allergic reaction to baclofen include:

• rash, hives, trouble breathing, and swelling of the face and lips.

If you experience any of the serious side effects or an allergic reaction to baclofen injection, call your doctor right away. Do not stop taking the medication until your doctor instructs you to.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

How long does it take to get pain relief from hyaluronic acid injections?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
I never guarantee my patients that they're going to see any effect from hyaluronic acid (HA) injecti...
What is teriflunomide?
Teriflunomide (Aubagio) is a disease-modifying drug for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS)....
What is Botox used for?
While Botox is famous for smoothing out frown lines and crow's feet, its power to temporarily paraly...
How do hyaluronic acid injections help treat arthritis?
Dr. Geraldine M. Navarro, MDDr. Geraldine M. Navarro, MD
Side effects of hyaluronic acid injections for arthritis include: increased risk of pain infecti...