Who should not take Colcrys?

Children under 16 years of age with gout should never take Colcrys, although it is approved for children over four years of age with familial Mediterranean fever. Don't take Colcrys without talking first to your doctor if you're pregnant or breastfeeding. The drug can be passed through breast milk.
Don't take Colcrys if you have liver or kidney problems, or if you have gastrointestinal disease, including Crohn's disease, stomach ulcers, ulcerative colitis or intestinal bleeding. People with heart disease should contact their doctors before taking Colcrys. Don't take Colcrys if you are currently taking any medication that could negatively interact with the drug.
Older people need to be extra cautious when taking Colcrys. They are more likely to suffer from age-related conditions that may affect the safety and effectiveness of Colcrys.
Discuss any allergies you have with your doctor before taking Colcrys. Do not take Colcrys if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

How is cyclobenzaprine used to treat fibromyalgia?
Donna Hill Howes, RNDonna Hill Howes, RN
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxant. It can reduce fibromyalgia pain and fatigue and improv...
More Answers
Is Synvisc a good alternative to joint replacement?
Keith Roach, MDKeith Roach, MD
Synvisc is not generally an alternative to joint replacement in people with very advanced knee osteo...
More Answers
Does teriflunomide have any side effects?
Donna Hill Howes, RNDonna Hill Howes, RN
Teriflunomide stays active in a person's body for several days after it is taken and can stay in the...
More Answers
What are the side effects of baclofen?
Donna Hill Howes, RNDonna Hill Howes, RN
Side effects may include drowsiness, dizziness, general weakness, and fatigue. Baclofen can make it ...
More Answers

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.