Are there any risks in taking Colcrys?

If you develop high levels of Colcrys in your body, you are at risk of serious illness or even death. This risk is heightened if you take more than the approved dose or if you combine Colcrys with certain medications. Avoid drinking grapefruit juice or eating grapefruits because these can change how your body processes the drug and lead to a dangerous buildup. People with liver or kidney conditions may need a lower dosage to prevent Colcrys levels from becoming elevated. Colcrys may also complicate gastrointestinal conditions, such as Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis.

It is important to discuss with your doctor any medicines or conditions that may affect how Colcrys works in your body. A number of prescription and over-the-counter drugs, as well as herbal remedies can interact with Colcrys.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What should I know about leflunomide before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests, check your liver function and blood pressure, and give you ...
Could I be allergic to denosumab?
Some people are allergic to denosumab, a medicine used to treat thinning and weakening bones (known ...
What is teriflunomide?
Teriflunomide (Aubagio) is a disease-modifying drug for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS)....
What is cyclobenzaprine?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxer. It is FDA-approved to treat muscle spasms and pain caus...