Is probenecid safe to use if I am pregnant?

Probenecid may be safe during pregnancy. The Food and Drug Administration gives it a B rating, indicating that it is less likely to cause problems to the fetus. Based on the little information that is available from studies that were done on women taking this medicine, you can probably take probenecid while you are pregnant. However, make sure your doctor watches you carefully for any indications that your baby is being affected.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What should I know about baclofen before taking it?
If you take baclofen, you should avoid alcohol. If you have impaired kidney function, baclofen may ...
What are the side effects of leflunomide?
Side effects may include high blood pressure, dizziness, hair loss, respiratory tract infections, br...
What is cyclobenzaprine?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxer. It is FDA-approved to treat muscle spasms and pain caus...
How effective is teriflunomide?
Teriflunomide reduces relapses by about 30% in people with remitting-relapsing MS. It is about as ef...