Is probenecid safe to use if I am pregnant?

Probenecid may be safe during pregnancy. The Food and Drug Administration gives it a B rating, indicating that it is less likely to cause problems to the fetus. Based on the little information that is available from studies that were done on women taking this medicine, you can probably take probenecid while you are pregnant. However, make sure your doctor watches you carefully for any indications that your baby is being affected.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What are the side effects of baclofen?
Side effects may include drowsiness, dizziness, general weakness, and fatigue. Baclofen can make it ...
What should I know about baclofen before taking it?
If you take baclofen, you should avoid alcohol. If you have impaired kidney function, baclofen may ...
What is baclofen?
Baclofen (Lioresal) may help some people with acid reflux that does not improve with other drug trea...
What is cyclobenzaprine?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxer. It is FDA-approved to treat muscle spasms and pain caus...