What should I know before taking Dantrium?

Before you start taking Dantrium (dantrolene) tell your doctor if you are allergic to any ingredient in Dantrium. Your doctor also needs to know if any of the following conditions apply before Dantrium can be prescribed: you have a personal or family history of liver, heart or rheumatic disease; you have a lung disease, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or asthma; or you are over 35 years of age. Dantrium increases the risk of serious or life-threatening liver problems in women and in people who are over age 35 years of age. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or wish to become pregnant; if you are taking any additional supplements or medications, especially diazepam, supplemental estrogen, sedatives or medications for seizures, allergies, colds or coughs, tell your doctor. Make sure to tell your doctor if you are frequently exposed to sunlight, as Dantrium can render your skin more sensitive to the sun and increase the risk that you will get burned. Avoid tanning booths, sun lamps and natural sunlight during Dantrium treatment and wear sunscreen and protective clothing when you go outside.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

How effective is teriflunomide?
Teriflunomide reduces relapses by about 30% in people with remitting-relapsing MS. It is about as ef...
What should I know about leflunomide before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests, check your liver function and blood pressure, and give you ...
What should I know before taking teriflunomide?
Your doctor will need to do liver function tests and check your blood pressure before you start trea...
Should I worry about allergies with Botox?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
According to Allergan pharmaceuticals, serious and immediate allergic reactions have been reported. ...