What should I know before taking Dantrium?

Before you start taking Dantrium (dantrolene) tell your doctor if you are allergic to any ingredient in Dantrium. Your doctor also needs to know if any of the following conditions apply before Dantrium can be prescribed: you have a personal or family history of liver, heart or rheumatic disease; you have a lung disease, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or asthma; or you are over 35 years of age. Dantrium increases the risk of serious or life-threatening liver problems in women and in people who are over age 35 years of age. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or wish to become pregnant; if you are taking any additional supplements or medications, especially diazepam, supplemental estrogen, sedatives or medications for seizures, allergies, colds or coughs, tell your doctor. Make sure to tell your doctor if you are frequently exposed to sunlight, as Dantrium can render your skin more sensitive to the sun and increase the risk that you will get burned. Avoid tanning booths, sun lamps and natural sunlight during Dantrium treatment and wear sunscreen and protective clothing when you go outside.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

How long does it take to get pain relief from hyaluronic acid injections?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
I never guarantee my patients that they're going to see any effect from hyaluronic acid (HA) injecti...
What should I know about leflunomide before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests, check your liver function and blood pressure, and give you ...
How is cyclobenzaprine used to treat lower back pain?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxant. It is a treatment option for people who have muscle sp...
Could I be allergic to denosumab?
Some people are allergic to denosumab, a medicine used to treat thinning and weakening bones (known ...