What should I know before receiving baclofen injection?

The most important warning about baclofen injection is that you must not suddenly stop taking baclofen, as severe withdrawal symptoms can result. These include confusion and other changes in mental status, high fever, seizures, muscle stiffness or spasms, organ failure, and death. If you are using a pump, you will need to be especially careful to refill the pump on time. If you want to stop taking baclofen injections, you will need to talk to your doctor about how to taper off the medication. Also, baclofen injection can make you drowsy and dizzy, so you should avoid doing activities that require alertness until you know how the medication affects you.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What should I know about leflunomide before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests, check your liver function and blood pressure, and give you ...
What are the side effects of cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril)?
Side effects may include drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, headaches, and dry mouth. Cyclobenzaprine c...
What should I know before taking cyclobenzaprine?
If you have congestive heart failure, abnormal heart rhythms, heart block, or heart conduction disor...
Is Synvisc a good alternative to joint replacement?
Keith Roach, MDKeith Roach, MD
Synvisc is not generally an alternative to joint replacement in people with very advanced knee osteo...