What should I know before receiving baclofen injection?

The most important warning about baclofen injection is that you must not suddenly stop taking baclofen, as severe withdrawal symptoms can result. These include confusion and other changes in mental status, high fever, seizures, muscle stiffness or spasms, organ failure, and death. If you are using a pump, you will need to be especially careful to refill the pump on time. If you want to stop taking baclofen injections, you will need to talk to your doctor about how to taper off the medication. Also, baclofen injection can make you drowsy and dizzy, so you should avoid doing activities that require alertness until you know how the medication affects you.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What are the side effects of baclofen?
Side effects may include drowsiness, dizziness, general weakness, and fatigue. Baclofen can make it ...
How is cyclobenzaprine used to treat fibromyalgia?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxant. It can reduce fibromyalgia pain and fatigue and improv...
Should I worry about allergies with Botox?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
According to Allergan pharmaceuticals, serious and immediate allergic reactions have been reported. ...
How effective is teriflunomide?
Teriflunomide reduces relapses by about 30% in people with remitting-relapsing MS. It is about as ef...