What should I know about Healon before using it?

Your doctor will decide whether Healon will be helpful in your particular eye surgery. Negative reactions to Healon are rare, but because it may contain tiny amounts of rubber and protein let your doctor know if you've ever had a reaction to either of those types of substances. Your doctor will carefully monitor your condition during surgery while Healon is being used, so most people won't ever have to worry about Healon or any reactions to it. If you do have questions about Healon, though, don't hesitate to ask your doctor.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

How is cyclobenzaprine used to treat lower back pain?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxant. It is a treatment option for people who have muscle sp...
Is Synvisc a good alternative to joint replacement?
Keith Roach, MDKeith Roach, MD
Synvisc is not generally an alternative to joint replacement in people with very advanced knee osteo...
What should I know before taking teriflunomide?
Your doctor will need to do liver function tests and check your blood pressure before you start trea...
What is teriflunomide?
Teriflunomide (Aubagio) is a disease-modifying drug for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS)....