What should I know about autologous cultured chondrocytes for implantation?

Before using autologous cultured chondrocytes, you should know that this treatment is generally only used in adults. The effects of it on the elderly and children are not known. You should inform your doctor if you have cancer near the knee that is injured as well if you have any other medical conditions. Some other drugs or substances may interact with this implantation procedure, so you should keep your doctor informed about all other substances that you are taking. For the first several weeks after receiving the implantation, you should use crutches to walk, but do not lean more than 25% of your weight on the affected leg. You should gradually increase the amount of weight you allow that leg to carry. You will most likely need to undergo a rehabilitation program in order to regain good function of your knee.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

How is cyclobenzaprine used to treat fibromyalgia?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxant. It can reduce fibromyalgia pain and fatigue and improv...
Can Botox affect my emotional reactions?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Scientists believe that facial expressions may influence our emotions, meaning that those whose face...
Should I worry about allergies with Botox?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
According to Allergan pharmaceuticals, serious and immediate allergic reactions have been reported. ...
Is Synvisc a good alternative to joint replacement?
Keith Roach, MDKeith Roach, MD
Synvisc is not generally an alternative to joint replacement in people with very advanced knee osteo...