What should I know about autologous cultured chondrocytes for implantation?

Before using autologous cultured chondrocytes, you should know that this treatment is generally only used in adults. The effects of it on the elderly and children are not known. You should inform your doctor if you have cancer near the knee that is injured as well if you have any other medical conditions. Some other drugs or substances may interact with this implantation procedure, so you should keep your doctor informed about all other substances that you are taking. For the first several weeks after receiving the implantation, you should use crutches to walk, but do not lean more than 25% of your weight on the affected leg. You should gradually increase the amount of weight you allow that leg to carry. You will most likely need to undergo a rehabilitation program in order to regain good function of your knee.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What should I know about leflunomide before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests, check your liver function and blood pressure, and give you ...
What is baclofen?
Baclofen (Lioresal) may help some people with acid reflux that does not improve with other drug trea...
What should I know about baclofen before taking it?
If you take baclofen, you should avoid alcohol. If you have impaired kidney function, baclofen may ...
What is teriflunomide?
Teriflunomide (Aubagio) is a disease-modifying drug for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS)....