Is it safe to use certolizumab pegol if I'm pregnant?

Certolizumab has not been rigorously studied in pregnant women. In studies of laboratory animals, certolizumab pegol has not shown measurable harm to pregnant animals or their offspring. However, animal studies do not always predict how a drug will act in humans. If you are pregnant, talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of certolizumab (brand name, Cimzia) before you take it.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

Could I be allergic to denosumab?
Some people are allergic to denosumab, a medicine used to treat thinning and weakening bones (known ...
Does teriflunomide have any side effects?
Teriflunomide stays active in a person's body for several days after it is taken and can stay in the...
What are the side effects of cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril)?
Side effects may include drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, headaches, and dry mouth. Cyclobenzaprine c...
How is cyclobenzaprine used to treat fibromyalgia?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxant. It can reduce fibromyalgia pain and fatigue and improv...