Is certolizumab pegol safe for my child or teenager?

Medications like certolizumab have been associated with an increased risk for life-threatening cancers, such as lymphoma, in teenagers and children. In these instances, most of the children had underlying problems with their immune systems. Usually, young people should not take certolizumab or similar drugs unless the doctor has decided that this medication is the best option. Discuss the risks and benefits of certolizumab (brand name Cimzia) with your doctor before allowing your child to take the drug.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

Could I be allergic to denosumab?
Some people are allergic to denosumab, a medicine used to treat thinning and weakening bones (known ...
Is Synvisc a good alternative to joint replacement?
Keith Roach, MDKeith Roach, MD
Synvisc is not generally an alternative to joint replacement in people with very advanced knee osteo...
How is cyclobenzaprine used to treat lower back pain?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxant. It is a treatment option for people who have muscle sp...
What are the side effects of cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril)?
Side effects may include drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, headaches, and dry mouth. Cyclobenzaprine c...