Is certolizumab pegol safe for my child or teenager?

Medications like certolizumab have been associated with an increased risk for life-threatening cancers, such as lymphoma, in teenagers and children. In these instances, most of the children had underlying problems with their immune systems. Usually, young people should not take certolizumab or similar drugs unless the doctor has decided that this medication is the best option. Discuss the risks and benefits of certolizumab (brand name Cimzia) with your doctor before allowing your child to take the drug.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What is cyclobenzaprine?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxer. It is FDA-approved to treat muscle spasms and pain caus...
Is Synvisc a good alternative to joint replacement?
Keith Roach, MDKeith Roach, MD
Synvisc is not generally an alternative to joint replacement in people with very advanced knee osteo...
What are the side effects of baclofen?
Side effects may include drowsiness, dizziness, general weakness, and fatigue. Baclofen can make it ...
What should I know before taking cyclobenzaprine?
If you have congestive heart failure, abnormal heart rhythms, heart block, or heart conduction disor...