What happens if I miss a dose of Allopurinol?

If you miss a dose of allopurinol, take the dose as soon as you remember it, but do not double dose to make up for a missed dose. Double dosing can lead to overdose and potentially dangerous side effects, such as skin rash, fever and jaundice. Seek immediate medical assistance if you suspect an overdose.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

How long does it take to get pain relief from hyaluronic acid injections?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
I never guarantee my patients that they're going to see any effect from hyaluronic acid (HA) injecti...
What should I know about baclofen before taking it?
If you take baclofen, you should avoid alcohol. If you have impaired kidney function, baclofen may ...
How do hyaluronic acid injections help treat arthritis?
Dr. Geraldine M. Navarro, MDDr. Geraldine M. Navarro, MD
Side effects of hyaluronic acid injections for arthritis include: increased risk of pain infecti...
Does teriflunomide have any side effects?
Teriflunomide stays active in a person's body for several days after it is taken and can stay in the...