How should I take quinidine?

You should take quinidine (sulfate and gluconate forms) exactly as prescribed by your doctor with a full glass of water. Typically, this will be every six to eight hours for the immediate-release tablet and every eight to 12 hours for the extended-release tablet. Taking quinidine with food can lessen side effects like nausea. It is important to take each dose of quinidine on a regular schedule to keep the medication at a steady level in your bloodstream. If you are taking an extended-release quinidine tablet, be sure to swallow the tablet whole. Crushing the tablet will increase the level of quinidine in your system. If you are taking Biquin Durules tablets, you may notice what appears to be a whole tablet in your stool. This is just the empty shell of the tablet; the medication has been absorbed by your body.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

How long does it take to get pain relief from hyaluronic acid injections?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
I never guarantee my patients that they're going to see any effect from hyaluronic acid (HA) injecti...
Does teriflunomide interact with any other medications?
If you are taking denosumab, teriflunomide may not be a good option for you. If you are taking fing...
Should I worry about allergies with Botox?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
According to Allergan pharmaceuticals, serious and immediate allergic reactions have been reported. ...
Could I be allergic to denosumab?
Some people are allergic to denosumab, a medicine used to treat thinning and weakening bones (known ...