How should I take quinidine?

You should take quinidine (sulfate and gluconate forms) exactly as prescribed by your doctor with a full glass of water. Typically, this will be every six to eight hours for the immediate-release tablet and every eight to 12 hours for the extended-release tablet. Taking quinidine with food can lessen side effects like nausea. It is important to take each dose of quinidine on a regular schedule to keep the medication at a steady level in your bloodstream. If you are taking an extended-release quinidine tablet, be sure to swallow the tablet whole. Crushing the tablet will increase the level of quinidine in your system. If you are taking Biquin Durules tablets, you may notice what appears to be a whole tablet in your stool. This is just the empty shell of the tablet; the medication has been absorbed by your body.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

How does baclofen interact with other medications?
If you are using azelastine nasal spray, paraldehyde, orphenadrine, or thalidomide, baclofen can lea...
What is leflunomide?
Leflunomide (Arava) is a disease-modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD) that affects the immune system...
What is baclofen?
Baclofen (Lioresal) may help some people with acid reflux that does not improve with other drug trea...
Can Botox affect my emotional reactions?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Scientists believe that facial expressions may influence our emotions, meaning that those whose face...