How does probenecid work to treat gout?

Probenecid works to decrease the amount of uric acid in your blood by preventing it from being reabsorbed in the kidney. If it cannot be reabsorbed, uric acid will be passed out in the urine, and your uric acid levels will come down.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

Does teriflunomide have any side effects?
Teriflunomide stays active in a person's body for several days after it is taken and can stay in the...
Should I worry about allergies with Botox?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
According to Allergan pharmaceuticals, serious and immediate allergic reactions have been reported. ...
What should I know before taking teriflunomide?
Your doctor will need to do liver function tests and check your blood pressure before you start trea...
How do hyaluronic acid injections help treat arthritis?
Dr. Geraldine M. Navarro, MDDr. Geraldine M. Navarro, MD
Side effects of hyaluronic acid injections for arthritis include: increased risk of pain infecti...