How does Anectine work?

Muscles contract when they receive signals from nerves. The signals come from chemicals that bind to the surface of the muscle. Anectine (succinylcholine chloride) binds to the surface of the muscle and prevents it from receiving the nerve's chemical message. The muscle then relaxes. Anectine is short-acting. A single dose relaxes muscles in less than a minute, but only lasts for four to six minutes.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What should I know before taking teriflunomide?
Your doctor will need to do liver function tests and check your blood pressure before you start trea...
What should I know before taking cyclobenzaprine?
If you have congestive heart failure, abnormal heart rhythms, heart block, or heart conduction disor...
How effective is teriflunomide?
Teriflunomide reduces relapses by about 30% in people with remitting-relapsing MS. It is about as ef...
Is Synvisc a good alternative to joint replacement?
Keith Roach, MDKeith Roach, MD
Synvisc is not generally an alternative to joint replacement in people with very advanced knee osteo...