How do I use dantrolene (Dantrium)?

The muscle relaxer dantrolene (Dantrium) should be used exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Dantrolene comes as a capsule and injection.  The capsule is usually taken by mouth once daily, then can be increased up to two to four times daily only if your doctor prescribes this. The injection has to be mixed with sterile water prior to administration and should be used within six hours before it is administered.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What should I know about leflunomide before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests, check your liver function and blood pressure, and give you ...
How is cyclobenzaprine used to treat lower back pain?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxant. It is a treatment option for people who have muscle sp...
How effective is teriflunomide?
Teriflunomide reduces relapses by about 30% in people with remitting-relapsing MS. It is about as ef...
How long does it take to get pain relief from hyaluronic acid injections?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
I never guarantee my patients that they're going to see any effect from hyaluronic acid (HA) injecti...