How do I take tiludronate?

Tiludronate (Skelid) is taken by mouth, usually once a day. You should only take this tablet with six to eight ounces of plain water, not juice, coffee or even mineral water. Make sure your stomach is empty; that means not eating or drinking anything for two hours before or two hours after you've taken the drug. Try to take it around the same time a day. It's important to establish a pattern since you will need to take tiludronate for at least three months.

Also note: there are some medicines (including non-prescription) that you need to avoid for two hours before and/or after taking your dosage. Make sure you get a list from your doctor.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What is teriflunomide?
Teriflunomide (Aubagio) is a disease-modifying drug for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS)....
How does baclofen interact with other medications?
If you are using azelastine nasal spray, paraldehyde, orphenadrine, or thalidomide, baclofen can lea...
How effective is teriflunomide?
Teriflunomide reduces relapses by about 30% in people with remitting-relapsing MS. It is about as ef...
What should I know about baclofen before taking it?
If you take baclofen, you should avoid alcohol. If you have impaired kidney function, baclofen may ...