How does certolizumab pegol interact with other medications or food?

The drugs that interact with certolizumab pegol include: anakinra, abatacept, adalimumab, etanercept, golimumab, infliximab, natalizumab, rilonacept, rituximab and vaccines. While you're taking certolizumab, it is vitally important that you do what you can to reduce or prevent your exposure to or risk of infection. This means avoiding medications that might make your immunity even weaker, such as chemotherapy or steroid medications. It also means you should avoid live vaccines, such as those for polio, smallpox, yellow fever, chicken pox and rotavirus. You should also avoid the nasal vaccine for influenza. You can maintain your regular diet, unless your doctor instructs you otherwise.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What is baclofen?
Baclofen (Lioresal) may help some people with acid reflux that does not improve with other drug trea...
Should I worry about allergies with Botox?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
According to Allergan pharmaceuticals, serious and immediate allergic reactions have been reported. ...
What is cyclobenzaprine?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxer. It is FDA-approved to treat muscle spasms and pain caus...
What should I know about leflunomide before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests, check your liver function and blood pressure, and give you ...