Can I get a fracture while taking tiludronate?

Tiludronate (Skelid) is part of a class of drugs called bisphosphonates. There are now concerns that these types of drugs cause certain unusual types of bone fractures. In particular, experts are concerned with fractures that are occurring in the long part of the thigh bone (technically called diaphyseal femur fractures) and fractures in the bone just below the hip joint (atypical subtrochanteric femur fractures).

Although these types of fractures seem very rare and only account for less than one percent of all hip and thigh fractures, you and your doctor need to discuss the risks.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

How does baclofen interact with other medications?
If you are using azelastine nasal spray, paraldehyde, orphenadrine, or thalidomide, baclofen can lea...
What should I know about leflunomide before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests, check your liver function and blood pressure, and give you ...
What should I know before taking teriflunomide?
Your doctor will need to do liver function tests and check your blood pressure before you start trea...
What are the side effects of cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril)?
Side effects may include drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, headaches, and dry mouth. Cyclobenzaprine c...