Does hyaluronic acid help with aging skin?

Margo L. Weishar, MD
Dermatology
Hyaluronic acid is both a naturally occurring substance in our skin as well as an effective topical moisturizer.  It is a substance that attracts water and can used as the basis for moisturizing products.  In addition many injectable fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm and Belotero are composed of hyaluronic acid.  There are used to revolumize the face and smooth surface lines and irregularities.  They are some of the safest and most effective agents that we have to improve aging skin. 
http://weisharderm.com
Shirley M. Madhere, MD
Plastic Surgery
Hyaluronic acid is a part of our connective tissue that makes skin look plump; it retains moisture to the tissues and helps firm up wrinkles. Watch plastic surgeon Shirley Madhere, MD, explain the benefits of hyaluronic acid and where to find it. 

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What should I know before taking teriflunomide?
Your doctor will need to do liver function tests and check your blood pressure before you start trea...
How long does it take to get pain relief from hyaluronic acid injections?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
I never guarantee my patients that they're going to see any effect from hyaluronic acid (HA) injecti...
What is teriflunomide?
Teriflunomide (Aubagio) is a disease-modifying drug for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS)....
What are the side effects of baclofen?
Side effects may include drowsiness, dizziness, general weakness, and fatigue. Baclofen can make it ...